Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Daniel Horne Thomas Daniel Horne is offline

Default Garden Hose End Re-thread Die

NSN wrote:
The male ends of many of my garden hoses have become somewhat chewed
up and I want to re-thread them properly. I have looked in my Mc
Master-Carr catalog under Die and GHT (Garden Hose Thread) but there
is no listing for the proper die .. either re-threading or primary. I
am sure that it is there under the proper size & pitch but I do not
know what that might be. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Norm

Norm
I believe you will find it far easier to install a new hose end. The
one shown at
http://www.125west.com/Claber_Lawn_Garden_Watering_Systems_Solid_Brass_wa ter_connector.html
is probably your best option as it does not require an external clamp to
hold it on the hose.
--
Tom Horne

"people willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve
neither and will lose both" Benjamin Franklin