Ed Huntress

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

"Richard Lewis" wrote in message
k.net...
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Violent crime isn't what the Interpol numbers are comparing, Richard.

Gunner
never said it was, Interpol didn't say it was, and I didn't say it was.

You just don't get it, do you, idiot?

Once more....where in your wasted-brain state do you reckon Interpol
got those "CRIME" numbers? Do you reckon they pulled them outta a hat
like you do most all your arguments? No....they got them from the
countries that reported the "CRIMES" as "CRIMES".

No, dickhead, the US never said they were all our crimes. They just gave
Interpol our National Crime Index categories, which are the ones the FBI
uses as an overall index to analyze crime trends in the US. Nobody,
including the FBI, ever said those figures are our total crime figures.
Interpol just had nothing more to go on -- thus, the warning they post on
their website, not to use the overall figures to compare countries.

The countries
reported on reported them as crimes so they are in fact saying "we
state that we, *the above signed*, declare our country's crimerate to
be....".

Where the hell did you get that idea? Read the introduction to the UCR, and
you'll see what the US actually says about it. It's just an index of
selected crime categories, not our total crime rate. I posted the quote from
them yesterday, idiot.

It's not reported as CRIME if it's not a crime, now is it?

Richard, are you on drugs? The United States doesn't report all crimes to
Interpol; only the ones I listed yesterday. Germany reports EVERY category
of crime that the US reports, plus about a dozen more. Two of them (drug
offenses -- 250,969 crimes, and fraud -- 788,208 crimes) alone add over
1,200 crimes/100k to Germany's figures. (from Police Crime Statistics
[Germany], page 15, http://www.bka.de/)

Let me repeat: There are NO categories that the US reports, but which
Germany doesn't report. Got that? So, are you saying that because the US
doesn't report drug offenses or fraud in our National Crime Index, we don't
really have any drug offenses or fraud? But Germany does report them, so
they DO have drug offenses and fraud?

Richard, are you completely out of your mind, or are you just dumber than a
tree stump?

Just **** off, idiot! You are actually making me feel stupid for
having to fall to your level to argue with you and that is only the
second time in my life I can say that.

I get the feeling you were plenty stupid before we started discussing this,
Richard. You're just feeling it now because you're seeing it for yourself.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who cares to raise their hand here. Is
there anyone who doesn't see the problem with what Richard is saying? If you
have a comment on it one way or the other, this would be a good time to pipe
up. I think Richard is on the verge of going apoplectic, and he may not be
able to reach a keyboard for much longer. g

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)