Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default SANYO TV, non-electronic replacement parts

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:26:57 -0500, "Pszemol"
wrote:

Hi, I have found without a trouble places to get the boards,
electronic replacement parts, etc... but I am having problems
with non-electronic replacement parts... like knobs/buttons.

What I need now is a set of push buttons (a single plastic piece)
in 27" SANYO stereo TV (model# DS27430, serial# V4230484400222).

They are broken beyond the repair - tried to glue them, but
it did not work nice. It would be great if I could find a place
to get a new (or at least not broken) row of push buttons...

This is how do they look now: http://voila.pl/ci46o/?1
You can see two missing and the most right one I tried
to glue, but it did not stick well... and broke again.

Anybody could help me getting such a thing from SANYO ?

Cheers,
Pszemol.

I've had good luck fixing parts like that with silicone sealant. It's
flexible enough so that you can glue the buttons to the cabinet and
allow the buttons to still work.
Andy Cuffe