Posted to alt.home.repair
gloria gloria is offline

Default no power to breaker

Hi! I'm new here and desperately seeking help with a wiring issue. We
have an old a/c window unit made by Friedrich's. It has a 3 prong 220
cord. We have an empty breaker box that we know has power coming into
it. We put in a 60 amp breaker and 12/3 wire to run to the a/c. We
tested the wires, hot to white and hot to ground, and the test was
fine. When we ran hot to off the breaker to the others and got no juice
to it. Tester was barely dim. Could this be a faulty breaker? We can
not get juice to the a/c at all. What could we do doing wrong? Should
the breaker be that high of amp? The outlet for the a/c says 20A. Is
this also important?