Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storm Door Problem

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
news:7ThIg.7495$Tl4.3715@dukeread06...
I just installed an Andersen (Emco) self-storing storm door (link below).
It is made of propylene which is not very rigid. The lips of the pocket
that the glass and screen fit into are bowed outward in the center on both
sides. This means that the pile weatherstripping of the glass doesn't make
contact at the bottom, and will allow rain to go right into the core of the
door, not to mention not providing any sealing in the winter time.

How much gap do you have? I just looked at my similar aluminum door and it
is not a perfect seal either, but still pretty good. Does Home Depot have
one on display you can look at for comparison?