Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Marco Licetti Marco Licetti is offline

Default FS: HP AGILENT 83525A (10MHz-8.4GHz) RFplugin (eg HP8350A/B, etc. SWEEP OSCILLATORS) - RF/Microwave, near-NEW (WORKING), CALIBRATED in 2005.

HP-AGILENT 83525A (10MHz-8.4GHz) RFplugin (eg HP8350A/B, etc. SWEEP
OSCILLATORS) - RF/Microwave, near-NEW (WORKING), CALIBRATED in 2005.
Warranty.

Do NOT reply on Newsgroup, if email: remove "death2spammers" strings in my
address (repeated twice). Price $799.95 bu tPLEASE do check with Ebay
listing first as I might revise it down (but not up - everyone else selling
it for $950-1000, yet I want tobe done QUICK), shipping from Amplitech,
Inc., New York, USA

Posted on Ebay, item# 330022495597. Goto www.ebay.com and enter
"330022495597" (without quotation marks) into search window (or item#,
etc.); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction end
($799 or revised down). Description is there (on Ebay), copied down here
for your convenience, BUT to see ALL-SIDES PICTURES/etc do check that Ebay
listing. Best done via Ebay - SAFE for you/me (my feedback is 100%
positive there & 10+ years on Newsgroups), if you're not into Ebay and
unless a bid already placed, I can take it off and sell outside Ebay.
Description copied here (see pictures on Ebay):

Concise description as you can GET DETAILED
DESCRIPTION/SPECIFICATIONs/MANUAL at AGILENT website:
ww.agilent.com -search-enter-"83525A", or search for 8350A, 8350B, etc.
as entire HP 8350 mainframes series takes these plugins. For your
convenience two main specs are repeated he
Frequency range is 10MHz - 8.4GHz, max. level output 20 mW,+/-1.5dB,
standard front in/outs, plus extra on backside: external MKR, RFout,
PulseIn, ExtALC, plus a mysterious coax input I never used.

1. CONDITION is near-NEW, photo may show a dusty spot - that can be wiped
off with mere towel (made photos in a hurry because was late @work, 5PM).
PULLED FROM WORKING ENVIRONMENT at AMPLITECH, Inc. (www.amplitechinc.com),
one of the best-known RF/Microwave companies - a spin off of Miteq, Inc.
Stored gently in our environmentally-controlled lab, as we upgraded to 26.5
GHz plugin.
REASON for selling - if you look at our website, products go upto 40GHz
(65GHz with waveguides), became imperative to buy a different plugin in
2004, and sell this. Used for MILITARY & aircraft amplifiers testing until
year 2004, assure you 100% working unit (idle). I'd rather get money than
idle (to use that money for Network Analyzer parts, we need more than
Sweeper parts).

2. CALIBRATION: expired in early 2006 - didn't need to calibrate an idle
unit. Calibration may still be valid, but if you wish to refresh -
calibrate yourself. If you wish ME to calibrate, it's not cost-effective, I
might charge $250+ extra as it's a hassle to remove our 26.5GHz, calibrate
this 8.4Ghz, then restore our plugin; so email me what you want. Best if
you calibrate yourself.

3. As mentioned above, docs/specs/manuals are at Agilent website. People
who buy Test Equipment are professionals/engineers - know specific model#,
specs, or can quickly locate them. HP 8350A/B/etc are one of the most
widely used legacy RF/microwave oscillators/sweepers/generators whose
mainframes are designed to use such plugins. Thus often supported in modern
Automated test Equipment software (HPIB, GPIB), multiple companies I worked
for supported this unit in ATE software. Modern Agilent Sweepers offer this
unit backward compatibility. For example, we controlled this 83525A plugin
in HP8350A/B mainframe via GPIB (aka HPIB, IEE488) using ARKRF's software
AUTOLAB, but any other will work.
Could be also a nice secondary/backup Plugin for you.