Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Router table placement choices

wrote in message

Now that I am about done with my workbench I have a few other choices
setting up my shop.

Any comments one way or the other about putting a router lift in the
extension table of my unisaw, or building a stand alone table.

I had one mounted on my contractors saw and kinda liked it because it
had a fence already. It didn't have any slots though, but I will be
adding them this time.

Any advantages or disadvantages mounting it on the extension table?
There has to be something that I haven't thought of.

I have mine in my TS because I really have no other room.
Before I bought a jointer, planer, sander... I had a separate router table.
It was oh so much better. But you have to do what you can with the room you
have.
If you have the room, the choice is obvious.