Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bridgerfafc@yahoo.com is offline

Default Router table placement choices

wrote:
Now that I am about done with my workbench I have a few other choices
setting up my shop.

Any comments one way or the other about putting a router lift in the
extension table of my unisaw, or building a stand alone table.

I had one mounted on my contractors saw and kinda liked it because it
had a fence already. It didn't have any slots though, but I will be
adding them this time.

Any advantages or disadvantages mounting it on the extension table?
There has to be something that I haven't thought of.

Thanks,
Gary

I tend to whack together oddball router table arrangements as needed
for a particular project. sometimes I use the saw table, just because
it's easy to drop a board in there and bolt a router to it. I'd never
go to the trouble to permanently mount a lift there.

I also have a dedicated router table. no lift there either- just a big
honkin' plunge router.