Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default How to get an exact paint match?

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:14:09 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from MM contains these words:

I believe I am right in saying that the Dulux paint matching service
only matches to the closest Dulux colour.

As far as I know they match to the closest their machine is capable of
dispensing the tints to.

If you take a piece of previously painted wallpaper to the machine and ask the
operator for a match that will get you a match to the "dried" paint but the
newly mixed paint will dry to a different shade which is what the original
paint will have done as well so the difference will ne noticeable .Am I right in
thinking this ..?

Stuart