Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King Guy King is offline

Default Routers - the wood cutting type.

The message
from "Cicero" contains these words:

A 'soft start' motor is worth having if you're new to routing. This
gives you
better control on starting a cut.

Eh? I always have the cutter spinning well before I introduce it to the
wood. Soft start's nice in many ways, but better control on starting a
cut isn't one of the reasons I'd recognise. Mine's rather /too/ soft.
There's about a second during which nothing noticable happens, and
several times I've let go of the trigger[1] and checked the plug.

[1] When it had a trigger. Got a proper switch now.

--
Skipweasel