Posted to alt.home.repair
dewey dewey is offline

Default Gas boiler transformer blown

Hi. I replaced the old thermostat (Honeywell T87F) with a ritetemp
8022C. I have a Dunkirk Plymouth series II gas boiler (installed in the
last 5 years). The old thermostat was connected in a two-wire (R/W)
fashion. After I connected the new thermostat, I turned the power back
on to the boiler and nothing happened. Specifically, the power light on
the low-water cut-off did not come back on. In all honesty, I am not
even sure it was on when I first turned the power off as I didn't
really notice. However, none of the breakers are blown so I am assuming
there is power at least as far the 110/24 transformer. I know there is
no power coming out of the transformer as I tested the circuits. Does
anyone know a quick and easy (and safe) way I can test the transformer
and/or the incoming power. I tested the power switch and it is OK (no
resistance in on position, infinite resistance in off).

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,