Posted to alt.home.repair
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default Tile grout paint?

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:T38Ig.3278$p23.652@trnddc04...
I've seen a product advertised on TV but did not write down the name.
Basically, instead of scrubbing the grout lines in your shower-tub, you
simply paint them with this white paint.

The lower tiles (grout lines) above my tub will not clean. I've tried
bleach, oven cleaner, grout cleaner, TSP, naphtha etc. etc.

Has anybody heard of this product? HD & Lowe's don't know anything about
it. I also tried a Sherwin Williams dealer with no luck.

All advice appreciated.
Ivan Vegvary

Check local tile/flooring stores. There are several companies which make a
grout paint/sealant. I am doing this to my grout now. I cleaned the grout
first with those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers--work like a charm and pretty
non-toxic. For the painting, I first used a small paintbrush, which took
forever, then we bought those wheel applicators, which worked better, and
now we have a wheel applicator w/a bottle attached and it's great. It takes
a somewhat steady hand, but I can get a lot done in a short amount of time.

HTH,

Dawn