Dave Plowman

Default Joining co-axial cable outdoors

In article ,
PoP wrote:
When I studied for my HNC Electronics at college we specifically
looked at this issue, and RFI signal degradation was certainly a
result - trying to tap into a wire (or split it to go in two different
directions) would invariably introduce harmonics and reflection -
otherwise known as distortion - into the signal because you had an
improperly terminated circuit. Now whether or not this might impact
the TV or radio you are feeding is another matter, but the degradation
was very real.

Teeing off is a rather different matter than jointing a cable. For a
start, if you're feeding two destinations, you'll get a double termination
unless it's done correctly.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn