Posted to rec.woodworking
steve steve is offline

Default advice on new vehicle

Been driving a 95 GMC Safari small van, Vortech V-6......it tolled over
a quarter million miles until it finally started showing signs of its
age, and breaking down........about 24 mpg with the overdrive trans,
enuff guts to pull a loaded utility trailer full of lumber....I would
buy another one of these again in a heart beat.

You can slide in 4' x 8' sheet goods with a lil wiggling around, and if
you stack your lumber between the 2 front seats, if memory serves you
can get 10'+ lumber inside with the doors closed.

My other pick of the litter is the 4 cylinder Isuzu pick up truck. We
had one of those, and unfortunately had to get rid of it when a spinal
injury prevented the wife from driving a standard trans anymore. Well,
the fella that bought it from us for $1200 has driven it steadily with
no problems other than lifter seals and general maintanance since '93,
he now has it up for sale for $1200 ( and will no doubt get it) this
lil truck has over a half million miles on it!
My 2 cents
Steve