Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default How to get an exact paint match?

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:22:16 +0100, "Jerry"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Jerry wrote:
"MM" wrote in message
I don't want to have to repaint an entire wall because of one

or
two
hairline cracks.
snip

Take a sample to someone who has a colour spectrometer and can

match
the type of paint, perhaps a trade paint supplier.

thats the most common colour in use so I cant see a problem if you

use
that standard paint and use magnolia matt emulsion. Its bog common

and
easily matched compared to any other colour.

You didn't read the subject line did you... The OP wants an exact
match.

Well, I bought two match pots containing emulsion, one Dulux and the
other Wilkinson's own brand. There is a subtle difference between
them. Probably, magnolia is available from several other paint
suppliers, too. I want to fill the hairline cracks as inconspicuously
as possible, then "dust" over with matching paint. If the match is
really close, I could then leave the wall for a few weeks and then
gently wash over it with a damp cloth to even out the shade still
more. I reckon it should be possible to effect a repair that was
practically indistinguishable. Think of it like repairing those vases
the bloke broke with the busted shoelace!

MM