Posted to uk.d-i-y
MB MB is offline

Default Silicone over silicone?

About 8 years ago we had some plastic-frame windows installed, and the
window guys weren't exactly generous with silicone they applied between
frame and outer walls. There are fine cracks between a number of the window
frames and silicone attached to the walls. Would it be possible to apply
new silicone over the old? Removing the old isn't something I would
attempt-- I've done it in the bathroom (between fixtures and wall, or at the
joint of wall and floor) and it went OK, but on the outside-- No. Any
suggestions? TIA.