Posted to alt.home.repair
Italian Mason Italian Mason is offline

Default Repairing leaks in evaporative cooler pan/tray

they make a plastic insert for these that just slides in. I suppose you
could try a piece of plexy glass cut to the dimentions of the pan and
then tar the edges really well. The question is...given the condition
of the rest of the cooler is the pan replacment worth it? I know once
those things go the whole thing isnt far behind?
wrote:
The cooler on the roof of my trailer works fine, but the pan/tray
underneath it has many holes, some big enough to put my finger through.
I tried fixing it by applying the stuff that is sold to repair such
leaks (something like tar) to the metal and then binding it together by
covering it with plastic screening. That didn't work. I guess the
problem is really twofold: First, finding all of the leaks, and then
patching them. Any ideas? Oh, replacing the entire pan/tray with a new
one would seem to be the perfect solution, but I haven't seen such
parts available on the Internet. Can they be purchased separately?

Warren