Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K. Frank K. is offline

Default Help...Dewalt chuck replacement

"wildcatpete" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need help replacing a Dewalt chuck. I followed the
manual and opened
the chuck allowing me to unscrew the bolt inside the
chuck. Next I
need to remove the chuck from the body of the drill but
have been
unable to do so. When I try and loosen the chuck the
internal gears
just spin around. What is the next step after removing
the internal
screw? Thanks for the help.

Chuck the short end of a 1/4 inch Allen wrench in the chuck.
Aim the chuck away from you. Turn the Allen wrench so the
long end is on the right side. Hit down on the wrench with a
hammer or piece of wood. The impact should loosen the chuck.
You may need to hit it a couple of times.

Frank