Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Alls well that ends well...

"Toller" wrote in message
I am putting in a 3/8" woodpecker plate. I bought the template, but there
are no instructions.

Do I go for 3/8", or maybe 7/16" and rely on the leveling screws to adjust
it?

Turned out to be entirely academic. I was using 1/2 corian, and I build a
frame under the "joint" so the frame was supporting the plate (well,
actually a lift...) more than the corian, but I never got that far. After
routing, when I was cutting the blank out with a jigsaw, the thin corian
broke off in a few places. It probably would have been alright, but I
flipped the table top over and just routed the part that would hold the
plate away. I then epoxied in some 1/8" lexan on top of the frame to make
up for the missing corian; and it came out fine.
The plate is entirely supported by the frame, but I have the table top
securely screwed to the same frame, so I don't think anything will move.

I could have saved myself a lot of work if I had just done it that way to
start with; but I thought it best to try to tie the plate in with the table
top. We'll see if that was actually necessary.

The lift (the little one for 2hp routers) works great, by the way.