Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How fix lines on CRT from signal lead ?

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote

because cleaning it and dusting out its internals to
sharpen up the image and all that stuff takes time,

The admission by the OP of being a troll, in plain sight, and
nobody noticed!

Nothing to notice except you jumping at bogeymen.

The following extracted from:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interne...seeking_trolls

Attention-seeking trolls

This class of trolls seeks to incite as many responses as possible and
to absorb a disproportionate share of the collective attention span.

* Messages containing a deliberate flaw or error: "I think 2001: A
Space Odyssey is Roman Polanski's best film." Or "Federico Fellini is
the Greatest Living American Director"

*Asking for help with an implausible task or problem: "How do I season
my Crock Pot? I don't want everything I cook in it to taste the same."

*Intentionally naive questions: "Can I cook pasta in Evian instead of
water?"

*Intentionally posting an outrageous argument, deliberately
constructed around a fundamental but obfuscated flaw or error. Often
the poster will become defensive when the argument is refuted, and
may continue the thread through the use of further flawed arguments;
this is referred to as "feeding" the troll.

All completely irrelevant to whether what he was doing
had anything what so ever to do with attention seeking.

He may well be just another rather irrational individual.