Andrew Gabriel

Default Garage Lighting

In article ,
PoP writes:
Have thought about putting a 100w bulb in each corner (as well as the
central bulb), but that adds up to 500w of power consumption - quite a
lot relatively speaking. Perhaps someone has used other types of light
source which they could recommend.

In a single garage with white ceiling and bare brick walls,
I have 3 x 5' 58W single fittings, and that's good enough for
regular woodwork. Bought a 4-pack and the 4th went into the loft.
It might not be good enough for very intricate work.

Have replaced the ballasts in the ones in the garage with instant
start electronic as the freezer is in there, and nipping in for a
few seconds to access the freezer could be anoying when the lights
only finish coming on as you have finished in there. (Actually,
only got round to replacing two of them so far -- last one's been
waiting a couple of years for me to get around to it;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel