Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing wood fence sections

"LJ" wrote in message
The posts seem okay, I can't rock them at all, and they are solid at
ground level (tried stabbing them with a screwdriver). So it seems to
be just the picket sections that are bad.

Is this something a lone female can accomplish? I can handle tools,
repairs, etc, but my main problem with projects is having the muscle.
Or would this be a two person job?

Are you going to rebuild from scratch or put in pre-fabricated sections?
Either way, it would be hand to have a helper to hodl things. If yo are
putting in sections, I'd definitly want someone to give a hand. The size
adn weight makes it awkward to handle for one person. Propping up on blocks
may help though.

Also, would it be better to use screws to attach the new sections, or
is that overkill, and nails are enough?

I'd use stainless screws.