Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Replacement volume control for early Pure Evoke-1 DAB receiver.

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:23:22 GMT, "Sylvain VAN DER WALDE"
wrote:

Hello all.

At the present time I'm not trying to get it from the distributor, although
I may not have any choice.
Now, we're not dealing with the usual volume control (potentiometer) which
has 3 terminals (one connected to a wiper, and the others connected to each
end of a resistive track).
No, this damn "little critter" has 7 terminals and 2 mounting lugs (printed
circuit mounting).

Has anyone seen or heard of such a volume control? Is it a proprietory (I'm
not sure of the spelling) or a standard part?

At work I once had an oscilloscope which developed a fault with a
switch/pot. I simply contacted the importers who gladly sent me a
replacement part foc, which I fitted myself.

The scope was still under warranty, but they didn't seem to mind me
"doing it myself".

Try to speak to Pure about a replacement.

--
Frank Erskine