Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default stuck elevator?controller or motor bad?

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in message news:mWPHg.153435$1i1.27078@attbi_s72...
Hi!

There's a telephone
in there for you to call for help if something does happen.

You won't always find a telephone, but there is usually also a (loud)
alarm
bell that you can trigger by pressing a button. The elevator at my place
of
employment is set up like this.

http://www.weitzlux.com/mingkuangche...ays_812 .html

Delivery man stuck in elevator as cops terrorize building
By G. Dunkel
New York

Published Apr 14, 2005 9:39 PM
Ming Kuang Chen, who delivers for a Chinese restaurant in the Bronx, spent
81 hours in a broken elevator—even as police were terrorizing residents of
the building looking for him everywhere but in the most likely place.

After he finished his drops on April 1 at Tracey Towers on Mosholu Parkway,
Chen took an express elevator to the lobby. The elevator stopped between the
third and fourth floors.

Speaking through an interpreter at a news conference April 8, he explained,
“I waved to the [security] camera, I tried to stand right in front of it,
hoping someone would see me.”

“I kept pressing the alarm key, I tried to talk to security through the
intercom. I did manage to speak to somebody, but I couldn’t understand what
he said back.”