Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cornytheclown@hotmail.com is offline

Default gutter cleaning question

wrote:
If you put the ladder almost vertical and place it against the gutter
where there's a spike, it's probably ok.

Your BIGger problem is letting anyone climb up on your roof without
them proving they have insurance for their workers. One of the workers
climbs up there, falls off, gets paralyzed, and YOU are on the hook.

[IMO you could clean your own gutters due to the bother about the
insurance]

Methos wrote:
i'm too lazy to DIY it.

so called in one outfit that (over the phone)
sounded competent - this is after several bids
on the work.

american owner on phone.

that's not what i got for the job.

truckload of illegals.

dude throws extension ladder up against
existing gutter - alarm bells go off in
my head.

dude then proceeds to stomp all over my
roof -

told him to get the F off of my roof and
all of them to get the hell off my property.

question - is it unreasonable to expect
a gutter cleaining crew to clean a gutter
without putting an extension ladder up
(against a non load bearing piece of aluminum ???)

(or for that matter to not walk on the roof).

house is a ranch, gutters can be reached with
an articulating ladder.

Tru dat Homey.....

No damn niggah better even think about coming into my crib to works
without providing proofs of insurances and workmans comp...

word...

~: