Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default aluminum or not? simple method to tell?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

OK. I've just looked it up. It's 50% bismuth, 25% lead, 12.5% tin and
12.5% cadmium, so I suppose that has now spelt its death as a useful
material ... With lead and cadmium in it, ( and I don't know what the
potential toxicity of bismuth is, but it *sounds* dangerous ... ) as soon
as the
"do-gooder-just-look-at-how-much-we-are-poisoning-ourselves-and-the-planet"
brigade realise that it exists, they'll lump it in with solder and ban it

There are low temp non toxic metal alloys.