Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Inlays

Tom
When I do inlay (not often) I use a standard two part epoxy and misx in as
much inlay as the epoxy will hold. then I force it into the intentional or
unintentional void, i.e. a spit of missing knot and so on.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"tomstorey" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a Canadian or US source for soft minerals such as
azurite, malachite and fluorite to use as inlay material to fill voids
and patterns in some of my turnings.

I tried some sand from Michaels and did it ever do a number on my gouge
ops: Not only that, the ca glue turned it a very dark shade; it
started out to be purple and ended up black purple

While I'm asking...what does everyone else use as a fixative for the
inlay material? I know that if I'm using ca I should wax the edges to
help prevent the ca staining. got this info from a google search.

I'm new to this 'inlay' stuff and can use any hints available

Thanks!