Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default In Car Charger?

Christian McArdle wrote:
Can I get an 'in car' charger for it? Presumably I could pop into
Maplins & get the right plug and a charger giving out 4:8v? Is it
as simple as that?

Just buy a mains inverter. Then you can run all the wall warts you
like off it.

I chesked out http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr98.html

They have Modified Sine Wave Inverters , Pure Sine Wave Inverters and
Combined Inverter & Chargers - brain gone numb. No idea of which they
speak.

I checked out TLC and they have just plain inverters - but the cheapest is
aroud £23.

I'd only expect to pay a £5 -£10 for an in car charger for a phone or
whatever. Is an inverter overkill?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman