Posted to alt.home.repair
cas cas is offline

Default Broken concrete stoop - repair or replace?

wrote:
I assume the drivers insurance is paying? That happened in our family
years ago. Its very likely Insurance will have LOTS to say May ONLY
replace exactly whats there.

Replacement value of what is there, yes. They estimated 300 as a value
for it. I complained enough to get some padding in the payout, which
will be enough to get a nicer front door. One person said "buy 4 tiles
and hire a mexican mason for 20 bucks to replace the tiles". This is
the guy who had a big W sticker on his truck.

Their estimate for repair was 80 something dollars but agreed to 300
and change.

Once it's all settled I'll share my experiences with the company we're
dealing with. It's been a PITA, going on 2 months. Just a hint
though...avoid Enterprise Rent a Car.