Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino lsmartino is offline

Default How fix lines on CRT from signal lead ?

CBFalconer ha escrito:

lsmartino wrote:
Thatīs exactly what I thought. A bad flyback will not worsen or
improve by "wiggling" the VGA cable of the monitor. In other words,
if the fault dissapears by wiggling the VGA cable, that rules out
the flyback and other components of the monitor.

Wiggling the flyback can disturb the horizontal sync, which in turn
disturbs the HV, which in turn affects the picture size.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE maineline address!

Please, reread the post. I said "...A bad flyback will not worsen or
improve by "wiggling" the VGA CABLE OF THE MONITOR..." Did you noticed
the "VGA CABLE" part of the sentence?

And the Flyback isnīt even in the same PCB as the VGA cable is. So
there is no way that disturbing the VGA cable will cause any physical
displacement of the flyback.