Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] farberbear@aol.com is offline

Default Mitsubishi VS-50805 bad convergence.

I went out on a service call for a friend who owns this Mitsubishi
VS-50805.
I turned on the set and noticed that there is severe inward bowing on
all
four sides of the picture. The convergence controls that are accessible
the consumer, do not affect anything. I looked for bad capacitors and
poor
soldering but it looked in pretty good shape. I put the set back
together
and told the patient friend of mine that I'd do some research and get
back
to him. I found the following thread on another repair group forum:

message 1

This being a 2000 model set, I don't have any service
lit.close to this model.The set has gross mis-converg.
I found resistors R8E00 & R8E03 Burned beyond recogin.
They appear to be in the +35V line to the convergence
IC's IC8D01 &IC8D02. (P/N STK392-040)I'M suspecting
the IC's are bad and took out the resistors.If any one
has any suggestions on this model or circuit (or
possibly any tips from Mitsubishi),please reply? I'm
ordering service lit. on it tomorrow but maybe I won't
it with a little help.If someone has the values of the
resistors I may be able to finish it up? Thank you in
advance. Jess @

/message 1

message 2

Both R8E00, And R8E03 Are 120 Ohm/ 1/2 Watt AAnd Are In The +33 Volt
Line.

/message 2

message 3
(posted by original poster)

Changed the 2 burned resistors and shorted IC's. after
getting service lit. found i was missing the + & - 24v
to the IC's. Changed the 2 circuit protects to get the
voltage's back and everything functions normal.

/message 3

Can somebody please tell me the part number of the two circuit
protectors?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber