Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Minwax wipe-on poly

Thanks. Looking back through usenet archives, there seems to be the
suggestion that it contains oil as well, but there is no mention of this
on
the Minwax website. I was planning to oil the cherry first, but if the
stuff
already has oil in it, I can skip the step. I'll prolly just buy some and
do
a few tests.

Without looking at the can I do believe it contains some Linseed Oil. I
have used quite a bit of danish and tung oil over the years and the wiping
poly applies pretty much the same way. However, you usually don't have to
worry about it drying.

RonB