Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King Guy King is offline

Default front door

The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I've complained about that many times, you're the first person to have
agreed about it! I think it's a death trap, it would be outlawed in any
other situation.

I'm surprised they're allowed with the new disability access rules.
Since we have at least two wheelchair using visitors, and the wife's
wobbly anyway the back door will soon be ripped out and replaced with a
home-made wooden one using a nice low-profile weather strip from this
bunch...

http://www.stormguard.co.uk/MenuProductsSill.html

Probably this one...
http://www.stormguard.co.uk/Products...erguard15.html

I've just finished the doorstep from the garden to the conservatory and
when the cement's set I'll start putting in the door frame then making
the door - again using a low-profile seal.
http://www.stormguard.co.uk/Products...imlineRio.html

--
Skipweasel