Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default Home-made ink-level sensor for inkjet printers?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:42:31 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"
wrote:

Al Deveron wrote:

I wasn't aware of the EU ruling. That's good news. All we need now is
a way to resotore the ink-level monitoring. Hence my suggestion for a
makeshift ink-level-monitoring ghizmo.

I always find it quite obvious when the ink is running low on the inkjet
or the toner is running low on the laser printers, as long as I always
keep a spare cartridge or bottle of toner there's never a problem.

or am I missing something?

Ink jet cartridges which include the thermal print head are damaged
within a few lines/characters if they are allowed to run dry.

If dry the thermal elements melt the plastic chambers they are set in.

"Or so they say" .

AMOF I try to re-fill cartridges at home but not in the office. The
secretaries have a very low tolerance of computer faults such as this.

DG