Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default In Car Charger?

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I have a B&Q 4:8v cordless screwdriver which is identical to this;
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-326959/r...rewdriver.html

It's really handy for jobs like kitchen units etc, but I don't use it
much because I never know how much charge it has and I can't be arsed
to carry the charger around & plug it in on site.

Can I get an 'in car' charger for it? Presumably I could pop into
Maplins & get the right plug and a charger giving out 4:8v? Is it as
simple as that?

How does it normally charge - the pic doesn't show. Do you remove the
battery and put into a charger? And has that charger got a separate wall
wart? As it really depends where the actual charging electronics are.

If, for example, it has a wall wart which outputs something like 9 volt DC
unregulated a car supply will probably be ok. But if the charging circuit
is in the wall wart it won't.

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.