Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Filling Wood

Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

I have just removed some 'worm' damage from one of my floorboards
which has left me with a small crescent shaped hole (about 4 inches
long and a max of 2 inches wide) going right-through the board. I
appreciate that I'll probably have to replace the board at some point
soon but as a short-term solution is there any wood-filler I could
use to plug the hole in the meantime?

Thanks

If you have a router chamfer the inner wood to a equal oblong
rectangle,then cut a piece of wood the same dimensions and depth of the
floorboard,then chamfer this piece of woods sides.
Put some wood glue on the sides and pop the chamfered wood plug into the
hole and put something heavy on it whilst the glue dries.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite