Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default front door

"John Rumm" wrote in message
nightjar nightjar@ wrote:

Polycarbonate is optically clear, by far the strongest option, but also
expensive. PETg falls somewhere between acrylic and polycarbonate in both
strength and price.

Not come across PETg before... do you have a source for it?

I would be surprised if you haven't come across it; it is the stuff plastic
drinks bottles are usually made from. I came across it as a material for
vacuum forming clear rigid packaging. I didn't go ahead with the project,
but ended up with a few flat sheets, which came in quite useful when making
some splash guards. It bends quite well with a hot air gun. I presume most
plastic material suppliers could source it.

Colin Bignell