Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default advice on new vehicle

dwolf wrote:
At the moment I have a Nissan kingcab pickup which I use for work and daily
use..
Pickup lumber, deliver pieces that will fit..
I'm toying with buying something else... Gas mileage is important. As much
as I like small pickups and mini vans well ouch yuck, they can actually
load more inside than a small pickup. A friend has a Honda Odyssey.. loads a
lot..
So I was just curious what others are using for there business and daily use
vehicle that might get more that 18 to the gallon.. Joel

I have a Mini Cooper S, ~ 30MPG and a ton of fun. I can fit 8' studs
in it. Can't do a 4x8, but never really need to, and if I do I have it
delivered. Sounds like you use your pickup for a work truck, so you
probably need it. But the funny thing is how many people I know that
drive these 12-18 MPG pickup trucks that probably REALLY need them 3-4
times a year. Can't tell you how many I ask "when was the last time
you carried something I couldn't" that give me a blank look. Sort of a
pet peeve of mine, drives me nuts commuting to work everyday surrounded
buy these monsters, always empty, and most are going to office jobs.
In fact I'm starting to see more and more women driving them. And why
is it the bigger the truck, the shorter the driver?

But enough of my rant...;+}