Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay Brian Reay is offline

Default In Car Charger?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Hi

I have a B&Q 4:8v cordless screwdriver which is identical to this;
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-326959/r...rewdriver.html

It's really handy for jobs like kitchen units etc, but I don't use it much
because I never know how much charge it has and I can't be arsed to carry
the charger around & plug it in on site.

Can I get an 'in car' charger for it? Presumably I could pop into Maplins
& get the right plug and a charger giving out 4:8v? Is it as simple as
that?

Depends.

The batteries in these beasts are really intended to be charged with a
constant current, not a constant voltage. Of course, some just charge them
constant voltage but this can be dangerous and shorten the battery life.

What you need to know is if there is any circuitry in the charger (or
possibly the screwdriver) that provides a constant current. Can you look in
side and take a photo? If so, Email to me on at the address on my website.

--
73
Brian