Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Coving Joints and How To Do Them Without Tears

The Wanderer wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:38:02 +0100, Stuart wrote:

I am putting 100mm plaster coving around my bathroom ceiling .I have just done
one seperate section that consisted of 3 straight short lengths with two
straight ends and two internal corners and that was bad enough .The main section
still to be done is about 8 Metres with 7 internal corners and 3 external .

I was watching a pro do some a few years back and he was using 'mason's
corners' for the internal angles - much like the way skirting is put on,
where one piece is applied straight into the corner, and the other is
profiled to fit up against. Not recommending that you should try it, just
commenting that it was how the pro put the stuff up.

A while ago I had to "tee" some 5" coving into an existing run; I was
dreading the job but it actually wasn't too bad - although lots of trial
and error needed.

Dave