Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Coving Joints and How To Do Them Without Tears

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:04:37 +0100, NoSpam wrote:

Stuart wrote:
I am putting 100mm plaster coving around my bathroom ceiling .I have just done
one seperate section that consisted of 3 straight short lengths with two
straight ends and two internal corners and that was bad enough .The main section
still to be done is about 8 Metres with 7 internal corners and 3 external .

I am looking for tips as to how to do this with the minimum of trouble .I was
using a small plastic device called a Wonder Mitre .I got it years ago but I see
Axminster have it here

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

The one I have is plastic and tends to spread when you put any pressure on it
and if you don't it slips off position . Looking at the Axminster one it looks
like it might be metal so it could be more practical ..I'd prefer to make a half
decent job so minimisiing the use of filler although I may be optimistic in
saying that .

Any advice will be appreciated .
thx
Stuart

Get a cheap mitre saw - I bought one for about £10 from a market vendor.
Use support pins. Score the wall and paint with dilute PVA. Use sloping
joints if you need to join lengths during a run - one inside corner and
one outside corner.
Dave

I will be using pins while the adhesive sets but
"Sloping Joints ?" What are they .?

Stuart