Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Coving Joints and How To Do Them Without Tears

On 25 Aug 2006 00:56:20 -0700, wrote:

Stuart wrote:

I am putting 100mm plaster coving around my bathroom ceiling .I have just done
one seperate section that consisted of 3 straight short lengths with two
straight ends and two internal corners and that was bad enough .The main section
still to be done is about 8 Metres with 7 internal corners and 3 external .

Strewth - what shape is your bathroom ?

I had one wrestling match with plaster coving and uneven walls, and
that was enough. It's rumoured to be not too bad if your walls and
ceilings are true, and you have a decent mitre saw, otherwise I'd go
for the paper-coated expanded polystyrene variety.

The bathrom is that shape because (a) there is a waste pipe that runs vertically
the length of the building(flats) and that is boxed in so that accounts for 2
internal and 2 external corners and apart from the usual 4 internal corners ( 2
at each end) there is another part that extends out from one wall so that
creats another internal and external corner ..
The room is long and narrow .
I've already bought the plaster coving so that is what I'll be using .I think it
looks better anyway .

Stuart