Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default replacing halogen lamps

Maybe it is sometimes, but I think its also used fairly enough. Just
how much government control of your life do you want? Where do we draw
the line?

You draw the line where behaviour adversely affects others to an
unreasonable degree.

The constructive path would be to look at why people arent buying
many cfls and address the issues with them. And theres nothing difficult
about doing so.

My belief is that the main reason is because of a combination of unit
purchase price disparity and the stupidity of the average purchaser. I don't
believe that people specifically and intentionally buying vanity bulbs is
the main problem. I think that if vanity bulbs were seriously increased in
price, then the majority, who couldn't tell the colour spectrum of a sodium
light from an incandescent, would buy CFLs and those who want to continue
with halogens can pay enough extra to offset the carbon.

And in other areas like part p... I dont even need to comment.

Yes. Part P fails on many counts. It was ill thought out and didn't pass the
test of adversely affecting others. Pure protectionism from vested
interests.

Christian.