Duncan Lees

Default What's wrong with my wall?

BillR wrote:
Exactly same problem with house a relative bought recently.
It is the SW facing wall in this case.
Quotes for re-render alone are ranging from £1k-£2.5k. This is for flank
wall of end-of-terrace in SW London. Biggest problem seems to be actually
getting any builder to commit to doing the job anytime this decade.

I just talked with the surveyer on the phone. He reckons the cost will
be in the "low 1000s rather than the high 100s", so I'm probably looking
at around 2k. But then the brick work may need attention underneath
which I won't know until they start. Just need to get some quotes from
"competent" builders. Anyone know what they are?

Since the wall is damp, dry lining on the inside is also out apparently
since the wall will take a few months to dry out once the render is
fixed. Best get practicing my plastering methinks...

-Duncan