Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bellsouth cordless phone :TALK BUTTON ON THE HANDSET

"John" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:05:26 GMT, "edb" wrote:

"TALK BUTTON ON THE HANDSET"

Very hard to make contact when pushing "talk" button.
Is there a way to clean or losen without taking phone apart?
Phone Model no. is MH 9915
I have emailed Bellsouth with no luck from customer service.
Normally i would just dump it, but paid $60 a year and half ago.

Most cordless phones use buttons that are conductive rubber pads, so
the only solution is disassembly and a damp Q-tip.

John

I used to do loads of cordless phones some years back, and some were real
pigs to dismantle the keypad on. I used to have quite a bit of success
cleaning individual keys, by inserting a hypodermic needle through the side
of the rubber button, then squirting a little isopropyl alcohol in there
from the previously filled syringe. Once you've got the alcohol in there,
you can give the button a vigorous working, and most times, you get a fix.
Not always, but worth a try. You can get hypodermics and needles from some
electronics suppliers, or failing that, maybe you know someone diabetic ?

Arfa