Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default advice on new vehicle

In article , "dwolf" wrote:
At the moment I have a Nissan kingcab pickup which I use for work and daily
use..
Pickup lumber, deliver pieces that will fit..
I'm toying with buying something else... Gas mileage is important. As much
as I like small pickups and mini vans well ouch yuck, they can actually
load more inside than a small pickup. A friend has a Honda Odyssey.. loads a
lot..
So I was just curious what others are using for there business and daily use
vehicle that might get more that 18 to the gallon.. Joel

Just make sure you get a vehicle that's big enough for your needs -- you use
less gas making one trip in a truck that gets 16mpg than you do making two
trips in something that gets 25mpg. Not to mention the value of your time for
those trips...

I'm using a Chevy Suburban. It's good for about 16mpg in combined city/highway
driving. And I rarely have to make two trips. It holds a *lot* of stuff. Just
used it yesterday to haul #1 son off to college for the first time. Had SWMBO
& me up front, son in back, other half of the back seat folded down, and all
his stuff in the cargo area with room to spare. In a smaller truck like an
S-10, it would have been two trips -- with the three of us crammed into one
too-small bench seat up front.

I like my Burb. Even if I cry every time I fill the gas tank.

--
Regards,