Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Patrick Hamlyn Patrick Hamlyn is offline

Default What is it? CXXIX

"dpb" wrote:

Leon wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have been around air chisels for at least as long and if you WOULD
READ and understand what you read you would clearly see that I didn't
call it a jackhammer, I used the term to give the other poster an idea
what it does...

paraphrase ( ) n. A restatement in another form or other words...

Now, are you satisfied yet???

To paraphrase, is to redescribe a text or passage in another form or other
words.

You did not do that. You mentioned a much larger tool/piece of equipment,
the jackhammer.

I _DID_ do that (and said I was doing it, too!) Now, you can quibble
over whether it was a good paraphrase, but there should have been no
confusion whatsoever that I called the tool in question itself a
jackhammer but you were simply looking for an excuse to slam somebody.

1. Both Pneumatic
2. Both operate on the repeated explosive release of supplied compressed air.
3. Both have 'cutting blade-type' tip
4. Both held by a human and used to cut into things

Seems like an excellent paraphrase to use to explain an air chisel to someone
who knows what a jackhammer is.

If you can't see that Leon, you don't understand one or other tool, or the
English language.