Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default What is it? CXXIX

Leon wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have been around air chisels for at least as long and if you WOULD
READ and understand what you read you would clearly see that I didn't
call it a jackhammer, I used the term to give the other poster an idea
what it does...

paraphrase ( ) n. A restatement in another form or other words...

Now, are you satisfied yet???

To paraphrase, is to redescribe a text or passage in another form or other
words.

You did not do that. You mentioned a much larger tool/piece of equipment,
the jackhammer.

I _DID_ do that (and said I was doing it, too!) Now, you can quibble
over whether it was a good paraphrase, but there should have been no
confusion whatsoever that I called the tool in question itself a
jackhammer but you were simply looking for an excuse to slam somebody.