Andy Hall

Default Dual double pole FCU switches

On 8 Sep 2003 06:46:46 -0700, (Ian) wrote:

snip info from Andy and Christian on grid switches

Thanks Andy and Christian,

The grid system looks very useful for my needs, but I have difficulty
visualising the terminals on the DP and fuse modules. I have
downloaded the MK grid pdf file from TLC (I found them once I know
what to look for) but despite all the useful info and pictures not one
view from the rear of the modules.

I currently have the ring main going into the unswitched side of a
single FCU
and then continuing into another FCU (unwsitched side) and then a
double socket and then a third FCU (unswitched side) before returning
to the ring. So the single metal boxes containing the FCU each have
3*2.5mm2 cables (ring *2 and cable to hidden unswitched socket), these
are a little cramped. These
faceplates are all mounted together touching each other in a
horizontal line.

You can get deep boxes for grid plates which will give you more room.
It doesn't really matter about the order that you wire the circuit as
long as you make only one spur and wire the rest as part of the ring.

Within the grid box you only need to run single conductors.

Am I correct in assuming that the 20A DP switch has two input
terminals and two output terminals?

Yes they do.

Earth wires all connected to the
grid frame?

Probably easiest. There is also an earth terminal on the box which
you connect to the frame as well. You can run all earths to the box
and a single to the frame if it's easier. Obviously sleeve all the
earths.

And that the 13A fuse module has two screw terminals?

Yes.

I assume that I would make the ring main up by using links between
modules?

Exactly.

sorry about the extra questions.

No problem.