Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

wrote:
They have no clue what customers want,

because they have no idea how many customers come into a store looking
for something they don't carry.

What really frosts me is HD's corporate policy of not taking
reservations for rental equipment--even if I offer to pay in advance.
This is so anti-customer. How is a contractor supposed to plan and
commit to a job if the equipment may not be available when needed? I
wrote to HD's president and got back a meaningless form letter.

Maybe go to a real contractor rental place that will work with you?